Ideal for couples who’d prefer a more intimate and cozy celebration, rustic weddings are known for having a warm atmosphere, allowing Mother Nature to play a major role in the decor. Rustic weddings are neither extravagant nor plain, but rather fall into a perfect grey area for all brides who want something more homely and personal.
Sounds like the perfect theme for your wedding? We’ve gathered the most creative ideas to help your special day become unforgettable.
1. Backyards, farms, vineyards or antique buildings are ideal locations for any rustic wedding. Whether you’d prefer to have an indoor or an outdoor wedding, you can try incorporating oak barrels in either setting. They can serve as unique tables or cute decorative pieces.
2. Hold back on the frosting by having a simple and classy Naked Cake. Add some dried leaves or flowers for a touch of color and let it stand on a circled platter.
Loving the Naked Cake Trend? Check out these 8 Extraordinary Wedding Cake Ideas your guests will surely line up for.
3. Look effortlessly stunning by opting for a simple, loosely fitted dress. If that doesn’t suit your taste, we have many other wedding dress styles here for you to browse at your leisure.
4. Why not ditch the traditional high heels and wear a pair of comfy leather booties instead?
5. Place low centerpieces on top of wooden tables to encourage conversation among guests.
6. Glass-sided lanterns will also help add a homey atmosphere.
7. Take advantage of picturesque barn doors for scenic photo sessions.
8. Nothing says cozy more than candlelit corners. Keep guests warm and out of the dark by adding candles around the locale.
9. Keep your guests satisfied by providing savory cheese platters. Try to find tasty artisanal cheeses accompanied by fruits, veggies, or nuts as sides.
10. A vintage cold soda in a glass bottle is a classic refreshment solution.
11. The greatest advantage of a rustic wedding is that you can use nature as furniture and decorations. Why not surround a tree with photo frames or pictures of the bride and groom. You can also place a wooden picket fence sign with cute wording.
12. Make announcements by setting up a charming chalkboard with lovely calligraphy.
13. Whether your guests decide to bring cash or physical gifts, don’t forget to label where presents should be placed. This couple chose to use an old wagon instead of a traditional gift table, and labeled it by using a unique bird cage sign.
14. Say your vows under a teepee shaped altar made from birch branches dressed with wild leaves.
15. Present the rings on a white lace ring pillow, and knot them around a burlap cloth to secure them…
16. Sneak in some bride and groom alone time. Softly adorn your sweetheart table with tall candlesticks and greenery garlands.
17. Wedding favors should be memorable, but most importantly useful. A small bottle of organic honey is surely sweet and thoughtful.
18. If the weather allows it, why not start a cozy campfire? Guests will love the warm and homely vibe while they melt marshmallows by the fire.
19. Set the tone with some rousing acoustic tunes or romantic ballads that will make guests gather across the dance floor.
20. Make a grand exit by riding off in a vintage getaway car after your reception ends. If you’re liking the look, we have a lot more vintage wedding ideas here.
We hope these tips gave you some inspiration for your upcoming nuptials. Comment below and let us know! If you’re not sure where to start on planning, why not check this step-by-step wedding planning guide, and remember to have these must-have wedding conversations before you start!
Do you have any creative ideas or photos that weren’t covered here? Let us know — we would love to hear from you! Plus, don’t forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for more wedding inspo!