There’s something magical about getting married in the summer. Maybe it’s the warm weather that sets the perfect mood. Or the beautiful blue backdrop of a clear sky. Maybe it’s the more relaxed pace of the season. No wonder summer is the most popular season of all for weddings!
While a summer wedding will provide you and your guests with an enchanting experience, it can also bring challenges. In this article, we’ll give you ideas on some unique venues, and tips on how to plan the perfect event. You’ll see how to protect your wedding investment against the unexpected too. So sit back, relax, and let your imagination wander — to the summer wedding of your dreams.
9 Tips for a Successful Summer Wedding
- Book your venue and vendors as soon as possible since summer is the most popular wedding season of all. Top venues and professionals book up early.
- Send your Save-the-Dates 7-8 months out, and your wedding invitations 3-4 months out. Consider sending both earlier for a destination wedding.
- Consider the weather when selecting your menu. Light yet filling options are the way to go.
- Invest in air conditioning and shade options for your guests if you’re using an unconventional location.
- Timing is everything with summer weddings, so go for late afternoon and evening. Less heat and direct sun for your guests, plus, a better chance for a beautiful sunset.
- In this season of blackout prevalence, it’s a good idea to have a backup generator on-hand.
- Make sure to have plentiful water and non-alcoholic drinks on-hand for everyone.
- Offer sunscreen and bug repellants for your guests; it’s a thoughtful gesture they will definitely appreciate.
- Purchase wedding insurance to protect your investment.
Why WedSafe Makes the Best Wedding Partner, Besides Your Best Man
When it comes to weddings, WedSafe knows how important it is to protect them. They offer coverage to ensure that whatever goes wrong during your summer dream day, you have some peace of mind with liability and cancellation/postponement coverage. They provide:
- Multiple policy options & coverage amounts
- Affordable rates – often less than the cost of your cake
- Prompt reimbursement after verification of claims
- Flexible schedule, allowing you to secure coverage as late as the day of your wedding
- Technical expertise and experience in dealing with wedding emergencies
If summer is your season, with all the tips provided here, you should be able to plan an unforgettable wedding celebration – for all the right reasons. Remember that one of the most important things you can do when planning your summer wedding is to protect your wedding investment … whether you choose a barn, a park, or a conventional hall. Visit WedSafe.com to see how they can protect you and your big day, just as they have protected so many couples for decades.